208 Kewal Indl.Est., Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 400013
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 9870034978
Jane Mary Astha Jadhav
“Sweater: a garment worn by a child when its mother is feeling chilly.”
Ambrose Bierce (American Writer,1842-1914)
- When Mr. Bierce wrote this a hundred years back little did he know how the sweater would evolve from being an irritating woolly garment to a style statement worn throughout the year.
- We at Linear Design are passionate about making sweaters; each garment is a proof of our commitment to quality and product innovation, and we invite you to join us as partners in progress.
“Fashion wears out more apparel than the man.” William Shakespeare
- Linear Design is a government recognized Star Export House of sweaters in the western region of India. We have been in the flat knit business for over 25 years. Our talented and experienced team based in Mumbai and Silvassa, has a combined experience of >100 years in the garment industry.
- We have a well-established infrastructure of computerized knitting machines ranging from 5GG to 14GG at our factory in Silvassa. The head office is in Mumbai.
- Our philosophy has been “Fashion with a difference” & it is this, which has helped us build & sustain high end customers. We don’t manufacture only traditional sweaters, which is what is normally associated with our industry, but we produce high fashion flat knits.
- We export to some highly reputed brands of Australia, Spain, France, South Africa and even cater to well-known brands in India.
- Our values –Innovate & Synergize.
- We are strong in both menswear, womenswear and made-ups and cater to different brands with different design philosophies.
- We have recently forayed into customized throws/blankets for kids.
- Being a manufacturing unit with computerisedmachines –there is a great degree of versatility in terms of knit structures such as jacquards, structures, cables. Emphasis is also laid on finishing techniques.
- We have a strong sourcing network –not only do we buy yarns from India but are also importing specialty yarns from all over the world –including Italy, Japan & China . While cotton sweaters are India’s strength, we manufacture ExtrafineMerino, Cashmere, Linen and Silk blend sweaters as well.
DESIGN AND SAMPLING
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” Coco Chanel
- Coco Chanel’s words could not be more true especially in today’s time & context. We have a highly motivated and innovative design team which includes technically trained people from India’s premier fashion institute, NIFT.
- They are always developing new ideas and concepts and a lot of effort and research is invested in the pursuit of being different.
- Customized ranges are also prepared based on customer feedback.
“In the rhythm of the needles there is music for the soul.” Purl’s Yarn Emporium
We follow safety, sanitation and labor norms required for a compliant factory and will shortly be going in for a certification for the same. A brief overview of our factory is given below.
- 27 fully computerized flat knitting machines –covering 5,7,10,12 & 14GG machines.
- One of the first Indian manufacturers to install 14GG computerized machines.
- Combined capacity of 15,000 pieces/month.
- In addition to knitting, we have the entire range of finishing machinery in-house including linking, flatlock, sewing, washing and pressing.
- Our factory has close to 100 people working in it and this highly motivated team is our greatest strength and asset.
“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” Henry Ford
- We maintain high standards of quality control and have dedicated personnel who monitor the production line.
- Quality parameters and checklists are set before the start of every production and are strictly adhered to.
- On-line checks are implied at every step, so that there is preventive control.
“All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.”Albert Einstein
- Our social responsibility is as important as the product we sell, and we strictly adhere to the following policies.
- Prohibit any form of child labor in our factory.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment at the workplace for employees and visitors.
- Inculcate awareness among all employees regarding health, safety and environment.
- Periodic health check-ups.
- Educating people on preventing sexual harassment.
- Having periodical training sessions where workers are taught the benefit of using techniques such as Kaizen.
“The only way to know how customers see your business is to look at it through their eyes.” Daniel R Scroggin
- Customer Satisfaction is of primary importance to us and we have, over a period of time, built a loyal client base.
- We are currently supplying to customers in Spain, Australia, France, South Africa and USA
•Our list of clients include : Adolfo Dominguez (Spain), Camilla (Australia) Namely Co (Australia), Izac(France), Kingsley Heath (South Africa) amongst others